Friday, August 19, 2016

Zombie Nails

Hello Lovelies! I know it's been a long while since I've posted here, but life has been crazy busy lately. The family and I are trying to suck every last second out of summer before it ends. It always ends too quick, but it's followed by Fall which is my favorite season. You also know that Halloween is my favorite holiday of all! I'm super excited because I'm participating in my first swap for this Halloween. Recently, I was challenged by my swap girl to create a bloody zombie mani.  I couldn't resist doing something gross and semi-realistic, so if you don't like gore you may want to skip this post. 


And here they are in all their gory splendor, complete with gnarled nails and a nice meaty hand prop...


Of course, I wasn't going to ruin my natural nails to create these so I started with some press on nails. After sizing them to make sure they would fit, I used clippers to gnarl them up. Just think of your worst nail day ever and go to town. Then using a dry costume make up pallet  (I keep on hand) I stained the nails a nicotine yellow. Once I was satisfied with how ugly they looked I applied the false nails to my real nails. I did apply a protective basecoat on my natural nails to protect them from staining. 


I used the makeup pallet to grey out my skin to make it look like dead flesh. With a dry pallet, you mix it with rubbing alcohol to make it moist enough to apply. The more rubbing alcohol you use the more diluted and transparent the color becomes. Use less rubbing alcohol to make the color more opaque. 


I then used my Graftobian modeling wax (purchased from Amazon) to create a gash on my mid finger. Use spirit gum to adhere the wax to the skin. I then used a cuticle pusher to smooth the wax and blend it to the skin. I used the flat side of the pusher to create the open wound and smoothe the inner edges as well. I then greyed the wax to match it to my greyed skin. 


And now it's time to get bloody and gory. I started with the dark red color from my dry palette and defined the gash, stained around the edges of the nail (I thought this gave the impression of the nails coming of the nail bed. Then with my gel blood I got extra messy. 


That's how I created these super creepy, extra ugly, bloody zombie nails. 


I had such an fun time creating these nails. The stuff I used can be found on Amazon or any Halloween costume store. They're perfect for Halloween or just for creeping people out. 


Thank you swapgirl for giving me the incentive to create these. I hope you all enjoyed these sick nails. Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.


Your Fellow Plebe,








2 comments:

  1. wow, these are insane! So creative i Love it, they will make excellent halloween nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee! I'm happy you like them! I'm a bit of a zombie nut!

      Delete

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background