Friday, August 29, 2014

Shifting Stripe Reverse Gradient

This weeks Blogger Bragger challenge is for stripes.  I decided to do the most complicated I have done yet.  A reverse gradient with shifting stripes.  I decided to choose lighter colors since I have been doing a lot of dark muted colored manicures.  I decided to use three colors from my China Glaze City Flourish collection.  Here is what I did...

Materials
Base and top coat
3 Shades of polish
Sponge
Striping tape or nail vinyls

I started with the lightest shade of polish,  'Spring in My Step'.  I applied two coats but I wasn't concerned with how perfect it was because I was sponging a gradient over.  The base color is applied to give the sponged polish something to grab onto, as well as prevent completely bare spots.


I then applied a vertical gradient, from left to right the colors are 'Spring in My Step', 'Grass is Lime Greener', and 'At Vase Value'.


I then applied a quick drying top coat and applied small straight nail vinyls.  On my thumb and pinky I placed the stripes vertical, on my pointer and ring I placed them at an angle, and on my mid-finger I placed the stripes horizontal.


With the stripes in place I sponged a gradient over top with a reverse gradient.  so the gradient from left to right goes 'At Vase Value', 'Grass is Lime Greener', and 'Spring in My Step'.  Immediately remove the tape/vinyls, do a little clean up, and apply a top coat.


This took me quite some time to complete but I think the result is worth it.  Even though this was complicated to complete but it subtle to the eye.  I'm not sure if its the colors that I find so pleasing, the design or both.  Most likely its both.  I hope you enjoyed this nail art design.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,



8 comments:

  1. Crystal they are amazing and absolutely worth the work you put into them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria! You are always so kind.

      Delete
  2. The final effect is amazing! it might have been very time consuming! I do not have such a patience :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia! I don't always have patients. Every once in a while my persistence overcomes my impatience. That's when these kind of designs occur 😉

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa! It was hard to part with, I was enjoying it so much. Not to mention I had/have so many other nail art designs I wan to try out.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Handtastic Intentions! It was very eye catching, I had many people ask to see my nails while I was wearing it. I'll definetly be doing it again.

      Delete

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background