Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Finger Paint Swatches and Review

Hello Lovelies! I know it's been a very long time since my last post, I am still alive I've just been really busy. The end of my pregnancy was drawn out for an extra 10 days. On Monday, April 18th at 10:32pm I gave birth to a healthy 8lb 3oz baby boy. We named him Theron Atticus and we are all in love with him. If you follow me on Instagram, I'm sure you've seen pictures. As we are getting settled in with the new babe, I have had little to no time for even the most basic nail care. With the almost obsessive hand washing, my nails look atrocious. They're heavily ridges, splitting, pealing, cracking, and incredibly dry. 

However, before I gave birth I had swatches some polishes I won from Finger Paints back in March. I thought I'd share them with you now.  As usual these swatches are photographed indoors under LED daylight lamps. 


A-Cry-Lic a Girl


This is a super girly bright bubble gum pink. It has a slight iridescent shimmer to it. 


This was mostly opaque with one coat but swatched here in two coats. 


The Mural of the Story 


This is a very pretty mint green creme polish. I have been needing a green like this so I was very excited to get it. 


This is mostly opaque in one coat but swatches here with two coats for good measure. 

Umber-Ella


This is a very glitzy condensed glitter polish. The bronze/gold holo micro glitter pieces are suspended in a slightly gold tinted base. 


I applied this in two brushed on coats, though a sponged application would have intensified the glitter. 


Dye-ing to Know


This is an awesome neon berry red! 


This is swatched in two coats without white undies. The color is still very bright, I think with white undies it would really pop!

To the Plinth Degree


As you can see this is a super bright neon yellow, that requires you wear a pair of shades to look directly at it 😎. 


Regrettably I did not use white undies because I wanted to see how this polish held up on its own. I ended up swatching this in four thin coats. So I would highly recommend using white undies under this polish. 

Clay on Words


Another neon lovely, this orange shade has a pretty iridescent shimmer to it, similar to that in 'A-Cry-Lic a Girl'


This was swatched in three thin coats. Three is one more than I typically like to do, so white undies wouldn't hurt under this polish. 


Off to Collage!


This is a fun hex glitter topper full of random sized pink, blue-ish purple, and iridescent pieces. Swatched here in one brushed on coat over 'A-Cry-Lic a Girl.'

I am so Enameled by You


A similar glitter topper to the previous but without the pink hexes and there are holo hexes instead of iridescent pieces. Swatched in one coat over 'The Mural of the Story.'

These are my first Finger Paints and I really like them. The formulas are very smooth and the glitters are not really thick or too watery. The neons are nice and bright and with some white undies could really be phenomenal. All in all, I am very pleased. 

As for the future of this blog, I am not through with nail art or polish. However, with the new family addition it's difficult to say how often or exactly when I will be posting. For those of you who have stuck with me, through this blog and/or my various other social medias, I thank you for all your support. As things settle in here and I get to catch up on some sleep, I'll be able to post more frequently and consistently. Thank you for stopping by, see you next time. 

Your fellow Plebe,













2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And wish you a wonderful time ahead! Those are lovely swatches! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background