Friday, October 17, 2014

Layered Dotticure

After yesterday's debacle I decided to got for simpler on today's nail art design.  I went this both a simple technique and color scheme (only two polishes).  I used dotting along with an iridescent glitter polish and a metallic polish to create this simple dotticure.


Materials
Base and top coat
Two polish (you can use more if you prefer)
Dotting tool (multiple sizes)

I started with mostly naked nails.  I applied my base coat but did not use any base color polish.  If you prefer you could use a clear pink base (like what you use with french tips).  I don't own any pink french base so I had to go without it.


For the first layer I started with my iridescent glitter, in this case Color Club 'Concrete Jungle', and with a medium-large dotting tool dotted randomly.  I concentrated my dots toward the tip of my nail and expanded up with each layer.


For the next layer I used a colored polish.  For my colored polished I used Color Club 'Night at the Met'.  I really like this blue, it reminds me of denim and has a little metallic shimmer to it.  With this layer of dots I used the same size dotting tool as the previous layer and allowed the dots to overlap occasionally.


I continued layering dots, alternating between the two polish, gradually expanding up the nail, and increasing dotting tool size with each layer.  I kept layering until I achieved the desired look and then topped it off with my favorite quick drying top coat.


After the nightmare I had with yesterdays nail art project this one was a dream to complete.  The dotting technique is really easy and with a layered dotticure you really can't do it wrong.  Using a simple two polish project made this quick and easy to complete.  I hope you enjoyed today's nail art design, thank you for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,


3 comments:

  1. I had to take a little break from crazy nail art but I couldn't go naked Bubica ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some dotticure! That is what I do when I am in a nail art slump. Fool prove!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dotticures are great aren't they Victoria! They really allow you to hit the reset button on your nail art clock, while allowing you to have a cute nail art design.

      Delete

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background