Monday, June 27, 2016

Black, White & a Pop of Color - Nicole Diary Water Decal Review

Hello Lovelies!  Okay some of you may be getting sick of seeing me use water decals in my nail art designs because I have been using them a lot lately.  But I just can't get enough of these decals from Nicole Diary.  Even though they sent me these and the last several others you've seen from me for review, I recently order a whole bunch more (so be ready to see a great deal more). However, I'm trying to change up how I use them each time.


This time I am using Nicole Diary 27 , these are very pretty lotus like mandala designs.  They are black outline with clear background.


For this overall look, I used Envy Lacquer 'Illuminacion,' 'Razzmatazz,' and Sweet & Sour Lacquer 'Scotty Doesn't Know.'


For the mid finger, I painted half with 'Illuminacion,' and the other half with 'Razzmatazz.'  To cover the horizontal seam between the two colors I used black studs (I believe I purchased on Amazon).


For you added pleasure I placed one of the mandala-ish water decals on my ring finger.  I used the same steps I have in previous water decal applications, however, one additional thing that I found useful is to apply a quick drying topcoat (and allow it to dry) before applying the decal.  This helps smooth the base polish especially if it has some texture to it.  So the steps I recommend are as follow (not all steps are photographed):
  1. Apply quick drying topcoat (allow time to dry)
  2. Trim decal
  3. Remove plastic film
  4. Submerge in water for approx. 20-30 seconds
  5. Remove decal from water
  6. Carefully slide decal from backing
  7. Dip finger in water (that you are applying the decal to) to moisten
  8. Place decal, carefully slide it into place, and press flat to smooth out wrinkles
  9. Use acetone and a brush to dab away excess decal
  10. Apply a final layer of quick drying topcoat 

I love this look, it is simple yet interesting.  I think these lotus mandala water decals are my favorite from Nicole Diary, so far.  They make a perfect accent, and I love that there different designs and not just a sheet of the same ten patterns.  This means you get five fresh new looks to use, or you can use them all at once for a very intricate nail art design.


If you haven't checked out Nicole Diary's water decals you should.  You can find them on Amazon or Aliexpress.  They offer their own water decal designs as well as stamping plates, and many other nail art tools and supplies.  If you make a purchase use code TAL2016 (type it in the comments to seller) for a free gift.


I hope you enjoyed this nail art design as much as me!  Keep your eyes open for more Nicole Diary water decal designs because I'm sure I'll be doing more with them.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,


4 comments:

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background