Saturday, July 2, 2016

Happy Fourth of July

Hello lovelies! Happy Fourth of July weekend! I hope everyone is having a fun and safe weekend so far. I had sometime to do my nails, so of course I had to do something for this celebratory weekend. Also, this week's Nail Art Nation prompt is sexy flags. I'm not sure if these qualify as sexy…


…but when I think of sexy nails, I think sparkly yet subtle and curvy lines. So, that's what I did. 

Materials I used:
Base coat - Dream Polish Smooth Gem
Red Polish - Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer "Fierce and Free"
White polish - Envy Lacquer "Illuminacion"
Blue polish - Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer "Irrlicht"
Stamping plate JQ-L17 from ladyqueen.com
White stamping polish
Fab Ur Nails stamper and scraper
Small detail brush 
Topcoat - Glisten & Glow "HK Girl"

I began with two coat of "Irrlicht" on my pinky and ring finger, and three thin coats of "Illuminacion" on my mid, pointer, and thumb. I know I used "Illuminacion" in my last posted manicure but it's so pretty. The holo-gorgeousness is absolutely irresistible. 


I then used the star image from ladyqueen.com stamping plate JQ-L17 and stamped it with generic white stamping polish and my Fab Ur Nails stamper over "Irrlicht." Because the white stamping polish wasn't as opaque or as sparkly as I'd like, I used a small brush and "Illuminacion" to fill in the larger stars. 


**Don't forget you can use code QJXS15 for 15% off your purchases at ladyqueen.com** 

Over the three fingers I painted with "Illuminacion" I free hand painted wavy lines using a small brush and "Fierce and Free," a very appropriately named polish for the Fourth of July. 


As usual I performed any necessary cleanup with gentle acetone and a brush, and then applied my favorite topcoat. 


And that's my basic US flag nails with a sexy twist. In other words, sparkly flag nails.


I think even if your not an American, you can appreciate the holo, sparkly, goodness of these three polishes. 


Whether or not your in the US or celebrating The Fourth of July I hope you all have a fun and safe weekend.


I hope you enjoyed this nail art design. Thanks for stopping by, see you next time. 

Your Fellow Plebe,









No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background