Friday, July 15, 2016

Coloring Book Nails - Nicole Diary Water Decal Review

Hello Lovelies! Today, I have another set of Nicole Diary water decals to share with you. This time I've added a fun little twist that will help you customize your water decals so you can create a look all your own. I created my look with these water decals that are a black outline floral design over a clear background.


The nice thing about these decals is that because they are relatively simple (black and clear) you can do so many different things to make them look unique. You can place them over a gradient, a smoosh, any shade of polish you like, really the possibilities are endless. I started with a simple white base. 


I then applied the water decals to all my nails. If you would like a pictorial on how to apply these water check out my previous review Black, White, & a Pop of Color


As usual perform any necessary cleanup and apply your favorite topcoat. 


And there you have a beautiful black and white design with little effort. Now you could leave it at that, there is always a time and a place for a black and white manicure. But maybe you're looking for something different...

Apply a matte topcoat, and allow to dry completely. I only let my topcoat dry for about 30 minutes and I should have waited longer. Of course, different matte topcoats will have different drying times. Just be sure that the topcoat isn't soft, if you can touch it and not leave a fingerprint you should be safe to proceed. 


Then bust out your favorite markers and start coloring. I personally prefer my fine tip Sharpies, which are perfect for this small print. I recommend a stippling motion for coloring in the design. 


When your done you can apply a glossy topcoat. I left mine matte because I wanted this to look like the pages of a coloring book. 


This is a great way to personalize a water decal design and it is very easy to do. 


You could also wear the black and white design for a little while and then add the color later. 


You can find these and othe Nicole Diary water decals through their Amazon or Aliexpress stores. They offer a wide range of unique water decals and other nail art supplies. You can use my code TAL2016 to get a free gift with you purchase. I hope you enjoyed this personalized water decal design and found the tutorial useful. Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.


Your Fellow Plebe,











2 comments:

  1. I just got nicole diary stamping plates and i love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried their plates yet, but they are very pretty!

      Delete

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background