Saturday, July 9, 2016

Leopard Print French Tips

Hello Lovelies!  This week the Nail Art Nation (Google+ Community) is celebrating its one year anniversary.  In honor of said anniversary this week's prompt is "All in the Family."  We are recreating or creating nail art designs inspired by someone within the Nail Art Nation.  This group is full of so many talented artist that I am hoping to do more than one.  However, I started with a recreation of one of Karen Sulkowski designs.  Karen is a very diverse artist, she has so many lovely designs, but what I'm most attracted to in Karen's designs are her bright bold animal prints.  I don't do animal prints very often, in fact I think I've only done a handful ever.  So, I decided to recreate one of her leopard print manis that she created way back in December 2013.  Here is my version:


Products/tools:
Base coat
China Glaze "Fairy Dust"
Sweet & Sour Lacquer "Shamrock Mint," "Dubble Bubble Trubble," "Tango Mango," & "Poison Berry Tart" all from the Frozen Yogurt Collection
Metallic Silver Nail Art Striper
Small Dotting tool
Glossy topcoat - Glisten & Glow "HK Girl"

This is Karen's original design:


To recreate Karen's design I started off with a single coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" to give the background a bit of sparkle.


I then freehand painted a french tip on each finger, each in a different shade using the applicator brush from the bottle.


Then using a small dotting tool and the coordinating polish color, I dotted random sized dots along one side of each nail.  I also overlapped these on the edge of the french tip.


Using the same dotting tool and silver metallic polish, I outline the leopard print.  When outlining a leopard print you don't outline the entire dot but create c-like shapes.


Of course, I performed any necessary clean up with gentle acetone and a brush, and finished the manicure off with an application of a glossy topcoat.



I recommend you go check out Karen's fantastic art work, you won't be disappointed.  You can also find her on Instagram, @strutter78ks. I hope you like my recreation too.  With any luck you'll see a couple more recreations from other Nail Art Nation artist soon.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.


Your Fellow Plebe,







No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background