Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Half Moon Radial Mani

Hello Lovelies!  This week's Nail Art Nation prompt of the week is Half Moons, and I've had this design in mind for a while, so this was the perfect opportunity to create them...


Materials I used:
Base coat - Dream Polish 'Smooth Gem'
Polishes - Gothic Gala Lacquers 'It's Green, Sir' & 'Partner in Crime'
Binder reinforcement dots
Striping tape
Topcoat - Sweet & Sour Lacquer 'Gloss Sauce'

After applying my ridge filler base coat, I applied two coats of my green and yellow polishes.  I alternated the colors to make them a little more interesting.  I choose these colors to give this mani a slightly St. Patrick's Day feel.  Both of these colors 'It's Green, Sir' & 'Partner in Crime' were limited edition polishes that Gothic Gala no longer offers, however, she has many other gorgeous polishes available, and I just love everything she makes.  Of course, I topped these base colors with a quick drying topcoat, because I used tapes to create the design.


After my topcoat was dry, I placed a binder reinforcement dot at the smile line of my cuticle. I cut the top of the reinforcement to allow it to flex more, so that I could get the placement I preferred.  I then used five stripes of stripping tape, to create a radial line affect.  Basically, I picked the center point at my cuticle and extended each tape from that point.  I then applied my secondary color (green over yellow, and yellow over green) over top, remove tapes immediately, in reverse order of application (so not to pull overlapping tapes and make a mess).


As usual, perform any necessary cleanup with gentle acetone and a brush, and apply your favorite topcoat.


This design is simple and fun.  I like this color combo because it has a slightly retro feel to it.  I think it is the mustardy yellow that lends to this vibe.  If I had used a gold versus the yellow this would be a perfect St. Patty's Day design.  I hope you enjoyed this nail art design, thanks for stopping by, see you next time.



Your Fellow Plebe,

  


2 comments:

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background