Friday, February 26, 2016

Rose are Red, Violets are Blue

Hello Lovelies! Today's nails are inspired by the poem 'Roses are red, violets are blue.' Of course, I always thought violets are violet, so that's the color I used for my violets. I created these for this week's WNAC, floral prompt…


Materials I used:
Base coat - I.A.M…Custom Color Cosmetics 'Cement Sticky Basecoat'
White polish - Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 'White On'
Rose image - Pueen image plate Nature Lover 01
Violet image - Uber Chic Beauty image plate 5-02
Black stamping polish from bornprettystore.com
Red polish - IAMCCC 'Ixchel'
Dark purple polish - IAMCCC 'Enabler'
Medium purple polish - IAMCCC 'Secret Society of Poobahs'
Green polish - Revlon 'Emerald'
Fab Ur Nails squishy stamper and scraper
Small detail brush
Topcoat - IAMCCC 'Diamond Pro'

I started with a white base color over my protective base coat. 


I created a stamped decal for the rose and violets. It's fairly simple to create. Pick up the image, use a small detail brush fill in the image with desired colors. Apply a quick drying topcoat over the image. Peak the image from the stamper when it's dry. Apply a layer of topcoat to your nail and then gently place and press the decal onto the nail. Trim the excess decal with either scissors or nail clippers. 


Use gentle acetone and a brush to carefully remove any remaining extra decal, the acetone will also help mend any lose decal to the polish underneath. Finish up with a layer of your favorite topcoat. 


I repeated this process to create the violet. The initial image included two flowers but I was only able to use one flower. 


With this nail art design I have completed another month of WNAC. I'm hoping to be able to do next months challenge but I'm getting close to my delivery date and the arrival of our little guy. I appreciate all of you sticking with me through my sporadic posting. I'll keep posting for as long as I can, before I take a break. Thank you for stopping by, see you next time. 


Your Fellow Plebe,











2 comments:

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background