Friday, February 5, 2016

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Inspired Nails

Hello Lovelies! Today, I have some nails that were inspired by the book and the new release of the movie, "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" by Jane Austen.  I have been a fan of Jane Austen's novels every since they have been published, so I am super excited about the movie.  I mean who doesn't love the idea of some strong zombie ass-kicking women taking care of business.  I also thought this would be fitting for this week's Love/Hate sponging WNAC.  Plus, I also got some new pretties from I.AM...Custom Color Cosmetics that I just couldn't wait to use.


Materials I used:
Base coat - IAMCCC Cement Sticky Base Coat
Polishes - IAMCCC 'Venus' and 'Freyja' (from her most recent Love Mythos Collection)
Liquid tape - So Much Goodness 'Purple Nurple'
Make up sponge
Stamping plate - Pueen image plate 22
Stamping polish - Mundo de Unas 'Gold'
Stamper and scraper - Fab Ur Nails XL Gold Stamper set
Blood spatter polish - Pueen 'Super Instense - So Red'
Drinking straw
Topcoat - IAMCCC 'Diamond Pro'

After applying my base coat (which I always do, to protect my nails from excessive staining), I applied one coat of 'Freyja' the lighter of the two colors of my sponged background.  I prepped my fingers with some liquid tape, for easier clean up.  Using a makeup sponge, I dabbed 'Venus' and 'Freyja' in a spotted pattern over each nail.  I then removed the nail tape, before proceeding with this design.


I love this combination already, and I feel just a bit guilty about covering it up.  This has a very soft feminine touch to it and just look at all those lovely gold flakies.


After, struggling with the dilemma of covering this beautiful background for a little while, I stamped a rose pattern image from Pueen plate 22 with gold stamping polish over all my nails.


I think this looks just like Victorian wallpaper, which is exactly what I was going for.  I really could have stopped here and called this a completed mani, but...


Since, this nail art is inspired by "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" it only seems right to add a little gore.  I once again prepped my fingers with So Much Goodness 'Purple Nurple' and using a drinking straw and Pueen 'Super Intense - So Red', I blood spattered all over my pretty Victorian wallpaper nails.


As usual I had a bit of clean up to do, so I used gentle acetone and a brush to clean up.  I didn't apply the liquid nail tape far enough up my finger so I used a cotton swab and acetone to clean the polish from my fingers.  I then applied a quick drying super glossy topcoat to finish off this mani.


For those of you who know me personally, can probably guess that I am absolutely in love with these nails.  They encompass everything I love, soft pretty nail art, a classic Victorian theme, and just a touch of gore!  For me they couldn't be anymore perfect!


I think these are perfect for the WNAC too, because they encompass both elements of love and hate.  The romantic Victorian print for all you lovers out there, and the gore for all you haters.  Of course, if you're anything like me this mani shows nothing but love.  I'm curious what you think?  Do you see a love mani or a hate mani?


I hope you enjoyed this beautifully gory nail art design.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.


Your Fellow Plebe,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background