Friday, March 11, 2016

Luck o' the Irish

Hello Lovelies! Today, I have some fun St. Patrick's Day nails to share with you. I created these nails for this week's WNAC, luck of the Irish prompt. Of course, I had to go with iconic clovers because what could be luckier. 


Materials I used:
Base coat - Dream Polish 'Smooth Gem'
Polish - Lacquered Polish 'Irish Creme'
Matte topcoat Nicole by OPI
Gel pens 

I started off with one of my favorite nude color, Lacquered Polish 'Irish Creme' it's a beautiful neutral with just a touch of gold in it. 


For this design, I decided to finally try out gel pens. I've seen some really great nail art designs created with gel pens and when I found this rainbow pack of gel pens I couldn't resist. 

I first tried using the gel pens over a gloss topcoat. This didn't work out to well, the pens didn't draw smoothly, and wiped off easily. I ended up using a matte topcoat to help with the application.  I simply drew clovers in various colors, randomly over all my nails. 


Usually, I perform a bit of a cleanup and apply a topcoat, but in this case I didn't do either because I didn't need to cleanup and I liked the matte finish. 


These were really easy and fun to create. The gel pens were easy to work with once I applied the matte topcoat. I would recommend you give them a try.  I hope you enjoyed this nail art design. Thanks for stopping by, see you next time. 


Your Fellow Plebe,











2 comments:

  1. That's a different mani compared to regular green clovers. Just a fresh touch! Love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background