Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sweet & Sour Lacquer Frozen Yogurt Collection

Hello Lovelies!  I apologize for the lack of posts last week, but I had some unexpected family situations arise.  Not to mention I am only a few weeks away from D-Day (expected delivery date) and I'm just having a hard time keeping up with life.  However,  while I was away last week I received a couple packages of nail mail and I'm in the process of swatching and reviewing them to share with you.


First up, I have the Frozen Yogurt Collection that I purchased from Sweet & Sour Lacquer.  When she announced the release of this collection, I thought it was time to add some pastels to my stash, being that I didn't own any.  This collection consists of 7 crellies and a glitter bomb.

All the swatches you are about to see are swatched over a DIY peel off base coat, swatched in 2-3 coats, and topped with Sweet & Sour Lacquer's 'Gloss Sauce.'  They are also all photographed indoors, under daylight lamps, even the macros.

Dubble Bubble Trubble


As the name suggests this is a bubble gum-esque pink, and is very sweet.  This is one of the more opaque colors in the collection and definitely one of the brighter colors.

Mango Tango 


This is a very pale orange sherbet like color.  I don't have many orange shades so this is a great addition to my collection.

Hawaiian Pineapple


This is the yellow shade in the collection.  However, either my eyes or the lighting made me keep seeing a bit of green in this color.  It is definitely yellow but just a touch on the yellow green side in my opinion.  Still a very pretty color!

Shamrock Mint



This is clearly the green shade of the collection, not merely by the name of it but obviously by its appearance.  This is a really delicious color.

Blueberry Dream


As you can probably guess, this is my favorite of the entire collection.  This is perfectly named, blueberry shade, that leans just a little to the burple realm.  This is slightly more opaque than some of the other shades too.

"Poison" Berry Tart


This shade surprised me the most, because I didn't give it much thought in the bottle.  However, once I applied it I discovered it is one of my favorites in the collection.  This is a very pretty purple-pink shade, that is totally drool worthy.  This too is slightly more opaque than some of the other colors.

Don't Forget Your Spoon


Of course, if you are going to enjoy some delicious frozen yogurt, you don't want to forget your spoon.  This is a really pretty pale silvery grey shade that compliments the collection, but really is unique from the rest.  I wore this shade over the weekend and its very easy to wear.

Froyo Drop


This glitter bomb is absolutely perfect for this collection and goes with each and every shade.  It's packed full of small and large pastel hexes and holo glitter.

This collection is absolutely perfect for spring!  They truly are delicious!  I have many nail art design ideas that I hope I'll be able to create for you all soon (or as soon as I can).

I purchased this as a full sized complete collection.  Sadly, when I checked on this today, the complete set is sold out as well as many of the individuals.  There are a few shades left, and you can always follow Sweet & Sour Lacquer on Facebook and Instagram for restocking updates.  I hope you enjoyed these pretty swatches, stay tuned for more swatches.  Thank you for stopping by, see you next time.



Your Fellow Plebe,




2 comments:

  1. Wow...What a mind blowing collection!!! Love your swatches a lot!And yes, wish you a good health and blessed time ahead! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background