Sunday, October 16, 2016

Grey, Orange, and Green Smooshy Nail Sunday

Hello Lovelies!  It's Sunday, and you know what that means...Smooshy Nail Sunday!  I love this collaboration, because I love smooshy nails.  No two smooshy nails are alike, so its great to see what others come up with based on a simple set of three (sometimes more) colors.


This week's color scheme was Grey, Orange, and Green.  I decided to use Cinema Swatch Lacquers 'Smoke and Fire,' this was a limited edition Walking Dead polish they created a couple of years ago that represents Carol, and its just so pretty.  I also used China Glaze 'Stop That Train' from last years fall collection.  For the green I used the gorgeous dark green holo polish from Sweetpea Polish called 'Enchanted Pine.'  


I created my smoosh directly on my nail.  I did not take still pictures because it was just to difficult too.  However, I will be posting a video nail tutorial of this entire nail design either later tonight (Sunday) or early tomorrow.  When I was happy with my smoosh I topped it off with my favorite quick drying topcoat from Together WE Impact.


Once dry, I used these really neat Arrow Dynamic nail vinyls from Polished Vino.  They kind of remind me of trees, and since I used 'Enchanted Pine' it seemed kind of fitting.  I applied a bit of liquid latex on the exposed area of skin for quicker clean.  Than using a makeup sponge I dabbed some black polish within the vinyl.  Dabbing the polish instead of applying it with the applicator brush, allows for a smoother finished nail design with less ridging.  This helps the nail design last longer and is less likely to chip.  I also found that the polish is less likely to flood under the vinyl when using the sponge method. 


As always, I finished of the design with a little bit of clean up using gentle acetone and a brush, and applied my Together We Impact scented topcoat.  I was uncertain about this color combo but I really love the way these turned out.


The lovely Morgan of Sweetpea Polish is having a grand opening sale that ends tonight, Sunday October 16th at 10pm CST.  If you want to get your hands on 'Enchanted Pine' or any of her other holographic beauties, now is the perfect time.  Use code: grandopening10 for 10% off a $10 purchase or code: grandopening20 for 25% off of $20 or more.  Don't wait these babies are so worth it!


If you are interested in joining in on #smooshynailsunday follow any one of the lovely hosts, @dorisnailsdiary, @renai_madisonails@nail_it_rong, and  @nailsbychablis on Instagram.  Don't forget to follow me, @polish_plebe while you're there.  New color combos are posted every Tuesday, final no nail art included smooshes are due by Saturday evening.  I hope you enjoyed this edition of Smooshy Nail Sunday, thanks for stopping by, see you next time.


Your Fellow Plebe,





No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background