Sunday, October 30, 2016

Hitchhiker Nails - Update November 5th

Hello Lovelies!  I am super excited to share some new polishes with you today! I was perusing Instagram when I happened upon Hitchhiker Nails.  For my fellow nerdites, you might be thinking that looks like it might have something to do with Douglas Adams "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," and you would be absolutely correct.  Ginny, the maker of Hitchhiker Nails, has created polishes inspired entirely by HG2G, the labeling, the polish names, and the colors and finishes are perfect representations of Douglas Adams masterpiece.
  

What you haven't heard of "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," please pull yourself out from under your rock and enjoy the universe.  For those of you who didn't enjoy HG2G, well you are entitled to your wrong opinion, but you should be able to appreciate Ginny's gorgeous polishes anyways because they are absolutely incredible.  Now let's enjoy a few of these lovelies together shall we...

Zarkin Frood

This is for all you amazingy well put together guys, who really know where there towel is.  This is a phenomenal medium purple filled with gorgeous silver flakies.  This application is shown with two smooth easy coats, and no topcoat.  I was amazed at how shiny these polishes were without the addition of a glossy topcoat.




Douglas Adams

This wonderful medium bright blue creme polish, was created for the author himself, Douglas Adams.  For me this polish couldn't be any more perfect.  I'm a sucker for a good creme, and you all know my favorite color is blue.  This swatch is two glorious coats and again no topcoat because it is so shiny already.




Great Green

Jatravartids of Viltvodle Six, know this is short for The Great Green Arkleseizure.  The Jatravartids were firm believers that the entire universe came into being when it was sneezed from the nose of The Great Green Arkleseizure.  They all feared the time known as The Coming of the Great White Handkerchief. 

This polish is just too much fun, from its inspiration, to it's color and finish.  This is an amazingly bright green micro glitter in a slightly green jelly base.  However, the glitter is so condensed that it applies evenly without any sponging necessary.  I was also pleasantly surprised as to how smooth it was to apply.  I have had many dealings with micro glitters that are unpleasant because they are too thick, Great Green was magnificent to apply.  This is shown in three thin brushed on coats and still no topcoat because these polishes are fabulous on their own.




Black and White Stamping Polish

In addition, to Ginny's fun and lovely polishes she also creates stamping polish.  I was in desperate need of a good black and white stamping polish, and when I saw that Ginny had some available I had to purchase them right away.  It was the best investment I have ever made!  Her stamping polishes are phenomenal, they picked up and transferred so easily, and the opacity is incredible.  I couldn't resist doing a layered stamped Halloween design over Great Green.


This was my first time working with a clear jelly stamper (also sent to me by Ginny) and creating a layered stamped design.  I did have to prep the stamper by washing it with dish soap (do not ever use acetone on your stampers).  When you need to do a quick clean up between pickups use tape or a lint roller to remove polish from your stamper.  I definitely could use some practice stamping with a clear stamper but for a first attempt I am really pleased with how these Halloween nails turned out.


If you haven't checked out Ginny's Etsy shop yet you really should.  She has so many different, gorgeous polishes to offer, that you will love (even if you don't love HG2G).  She has jellies, neons, cremes, holo, GITD, and some cute water slide decals too!  There is a little (or alot) of somethings for everyone.  I can't wait to see what she comes out with next.  I hope you enjoyed these swatches, and found the review useful.  So long and thanks for all the fish ; )


Your Fellow Plebe,




Update November 5, 2016 - Ginny so graciously provided me with a code so that you the readers could get free shipping on anything you order from her Etsy shop!  She has just added a bunch of different polishes including some phenomenal neons and amazing stamping polishes.  Check out Hitchhiker Nails and use code FREEME for free shipping.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background