Saturday, March 4, 2017

International Women's Day Mani Swap Circle

Hello Lovelies!  Today, I bring you my contribution to a very special Mani Swap Circle nail art.  This Mani Swap Circle color scheme is dark purple and white, in recognition of International Women's Day.  International Women's Day will be March 8th and, "is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.  The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity." (www.internationalwomensday.com)  I love this collage and what it represents!


For this Mani Swap Circle I had the wonderful opportunity to recreate one of @uptown.nails lovely nail art designs.  She has so many incredibly beautiful nail art designs, so please check her out on Instagram.  I chose this design because I liked it's feminine quality.  I also wanted to do something freehand because I needed the practice, and free-handing makes me feel empowered.


I started with Nabi Lacquer "Velvet 1" and Salon Perfect "Sugar Cube."  Then using a green nail art stripper I painted on some vines.  I then used a flat brush and my purple polish to create the flowers on the vines.  I used the brush much like a dotting tool.


I finished up the design with a clean up and a quick drying topcoat, like usual.


My short nub nails don't do @uptown.nails original design true justice, but I love them for what they represents.  If you are curious about International Women's Day, head over to www.internationalwomensday.com to find out more.  Don't forget to checkout @uptown.nails on Instagram, you can follow me there too, @me_crystal_b.  You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest too.  Thank you so much for stopping by, see you soon.


Just Me,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background