Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Gender Reveal Nails

IHello Lovelies!  Awhile back I made a personal announcement that my husband and I were expecting our second child.  Since, then I have had many inquires as to the babies gender.  We did find out a couple of months ago, but I thought it would be fun to create a gender reveal manicure in conjunction with a mini tutorial, to share with all of you.  If you just want to know the gender and can't sit through a tutorial, go ahead and skip through to the end.


I started off with a solid white base, using Color Club 'On Cloud Nine.'


Then I stamped the chevron image from Pueen plate 03 in one of my Mundo de Unas stamping polishes, no I'm not telling you or showing you what color yet.


Using a small dotting tool and yet another Mundo de Unas polish I added cute little foot prints.  Using the smaller side of the dotting tool, I placed five cute little piggies (toes).  Then using the larger end I added the ball of the foot, and then the heel.  I connected the ball and heel with a little arch, dragging the dotting tool in an almost half circle shape.


I repeated this on my pointer finger, reversing the foot to make a left and a right.  I did a small bit of clean up with gentle acetone and a brush, and applied a glossy topcoat.



So, is the anticipation killing you?  Are you dying to know if it's a boy or a girl?



That's right, we're having a boy!  We are all very excited!  My daughter has been asking for a baby brother since day one of the pregnancy.  Plus, this is the first male grandchild in a family bursting with girls.  Needless to say he's going to be spoiled just a bit.  I'm currently 28 weeks along (aka 7 months), and I'm looking forward to meeting our new bundle of fun.  Already, in the womb he is a very active baby, so I know I'll have my hands full when he arrives.


Thank you to all who have shown interest and provided well wishes to myself and my family.  I hope you enjoyed this nail art tutorial and gender reveal nail art design.  Thanks for stopping by see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,












For those of you who are interested I used the following materials:
Basecoat - Dream Polish 'Smooth Gem'
White polish - Color Club 'On Cloud Nine'
Pueen image plate 03
Mundo de Unas stamping polish - 'Light Blue' & 'Neon Blue'
Fab Ur Nail squishy stamper and scraper
Topcoat - Glisten & Glow 'HK Girl'

6 comments:

  1. i am glad about you dear , and congrats ! i wish you all the best ! take care , just only for 2 months until baby boy came!
    i am so happy about you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Crystal!! When I was expecting my second child, my eldest wanted a "little sister" and as in your family there were only girls in mine there were only boys! So my baby girl has been super spoilt by grandma and the aunties with a gazillion pink outfits with plenty of ruffles and ribbons, LOL
    your mani is super cute btw ;)

    ReplyDelete

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background