Friday, January 8, 2016

Stitched Quilted Nails

Hello Lovelies!  I have never created textured quilted nails, but it has been on my nail art bucket list from the beginning. Thanks to this week's WNAC2016 prompt I can finally can check them off my list. This is what I created...


Materials I used:
Basecoat - SuperChic Lacquer "Marvel"
Polish - Gothic Gala Lacquers "Gas Pipes"
NYC Matte topcoat
Cuticle pusher
Clear caviar beads

I started with a solid base color of polish. I choose "Gas Pipes" because of the beautiful color the bits of green glitter and flakies.


I used a matte topcoat to create a fabricesque appearance. I applied a generous layer and allowed it to mostly dry. When the polish becomes tacky, I used the flat end of a cuticle pusher to indent X's into the surface. I then applied caviar beads that I had purchased from a craft store within the stitches. I reapplied matte topcoat when the polish dried too much in order to make the caviar beads.


I didn't need to perform a cleanup this time, and I used a matte topcoat so I did t apply anymore topcoat either.


I am really glad that I got to create this nail art design. It's subtle, was easy to create, and pretty.  I choose to do X's over a full lattice pattern because I was going for a stitched affect.


I really like these nails and I hope you do too. Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.



Your Fellow Plebe,




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Nailfame! I like to try to be a little different, to give people another way of doing something, whether it is technique or style. However, there are so many talented nail artist, such as yourself, so it's not always easy.

      Delete

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background