Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Sinful Colors Valentine's Collection Swatches and Review

Hello Lovelies!  I happened to be out and about shopping last week, when I happened upon a brand new, untouched display of Sinful Colors Valentine's Day collection.  Well, you know I just couldn't resist and had to be the first to touch it.  I purchased every polish in the collection except for the clear polish because I already own it, and it is not really necessary.  I also did not purchase the nail stickers that are available either.


All the swatches are photographed indoors under daylight lamps.  I was able to achieve full opacity in two thin coats for all the cream polishes though many were nearly full opaque  with one coat.  I didn't bother applying a topcoat because these polishes were naturally shiny on their own, as you will see in the photos below.

Feeling Great


First up, is a beautiful rich berry red, that's not too bright or too dark.  It is a perfect cream polish with a beautiful shine.


Gogo Girl


This is a sultry, sexy red that is absolutely perfect for Valentine's Day.  This was one of the more translucent polishes of the collection, however, you can see that with two coats it is fairly opaque.


Tempest


This is a very cute light/medium lavender purple shade.  It reminds me of the heart shaped candies that are out this time of year.  Not only is this wearable for Valentine's Day but it makes a great spring and Easter polish.


Sail La Vie


Next up, is a very pretty light/medium blue that appears to be a cream but, in fact, has a lovely little iridescent shimmer to it.  I personally don't think of blue shades as very fitting for Valentine's Day, however, you know I love my blues.


Pink Smart


Last for the cream polishes, is this perfectly creamy, perfect for Valentine's Day pink.  According to Sinful Colors' website this shade is a Walgreens Exclusive polish, however, I did not purchase these at Walgreens.


Love Bombs


I saved the glitter topper for last, because it's typically the last part of any nail art application (besides the topcoat, of course).  I swatched this over various polishes from the collection that I thought it coordinated well with.  For the topper application I did apply it via makeup sponge to prevent a gel build up.  This super sparkly topper has a purple tinted base (though it didn't affect the base colors it was applied over, with the way I applied it) full of medium pale pink holo hexes, smaller darker pink (fuchsia-esque) pieces, and tiny silver glitter pieces.

Overall, this is a great collection.  You really can't beat the price of Sinful Color polishes, not to mention that their colors are gorgeous, the opacities are strong, and they're shiny even without a topcoat.  I would recommend these polishes, especially for someone who is just starting out or for someone who is looking for a quality polish on a budget.  I hope you enjoyed these swatches and found the review useful.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,

     

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it's a great collection and almost all the colors that a normal girl like to wear in day to day life is included! Lovely swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nailfame! It is a lovely collection : )

      Delete

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background