Friday, January 29, 2016

Lattice Lace with Heart French Tip

Hello Lovelies! Today, I have my lace nails for this week's WNAC.  I had a really epic break on my left hand, so it has gone into hiding for awhile.  However, I thought it was time I really challenge myself, and do some freehand on my cindy hand.  This is after all a weekly challenge, so why not push myself just a little bit.


Materials I used:
Basecoat - Dream Polish 'Smooth Gem'
White acrylic paint
Small detail brush (I recently won in a giveaway from IAMCCC, you can find it in her store)
Glitter or Die 'Romantic Tutu'
Dotting tool
Topcoat - Glisten & Glow 'HK Girl'

I started off with a base coat of Dream Polish's 'Smooth Gem' base coat.  This has become one of my favorite base coats because I have pretty significant ridges and this really helps hide them.  Unlike other ridge filler base coats I've tried, this is not thick and goopy and applies like a dream.  Also, it dries relatively clear which makes it perfect for doing french tip or negative space designs.


Using white acrylic paints and a small detail brush, I painted a criss-cross lattice pattern over the entire nail.  With the same paint and brush I filled in the tip with a somewhat heart shape french tip.  Switching to polish I filled in the very tip of the white french tip, leaving a boarder.  I then used a dotting tool and dotted the crosses of the lattice as well as small dots along the white board of the french tip.


I performed a small bit of clean up with gentle acetone and a brush, and topped off with a shiny quick drying topcoat.


So, my execution on this design isn't the greatest, but considering this is all done with my non-dominant hand, which hasn't really been put to task in a while it's really not all that bad.  With this design I have completed another month worth of WNACs.  I will be attempting to complete these challenges for the next couple months before I have to take a hiatus for our new little man's arrival.  I hope you all enjoyed this nail art design and the brief tutorial.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Your Fellow Plebe,

   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background