Friday, January 15, 2016

Stamped Dotted Diamonds over a Chrome Metallic Smoosh Attack

Hello Lovelies! I apologize for the long title of this post but I just wasn't sure what else to name this nail art design. I created these for this week's WNAC prompt,  diamonds.  I decided to go with a stamped pattern because it was quick and easy. I chose the smoosh attack background because when I created a smoosh attack nail art design last year, it became my most viewed nail art blog post. This is the finished product...


Materials I used:
Basecoat - Dream Polish 'Smooth Gem'
Black base polish - Sinful Colors 'Black on Black'
Cuticula Liquid NailTape
Chrome metallic polishes - Color Club 'We'll Never Be Royals,'  ' Burnt Out,' 'Sorry, Not Sorry'
Fab Ur Nails stamper
Pueen image plate 07
Stamping polish - Mundo de Unas 'Gold'
Topcoat - Glisten & Glow 'HK Girl'
UberChic mat

I began with a solid black base color.


I created the smoosh attack background a little differently than the previous time, but this time I had my Uber Mat, which made it a little easier.  After prepping my fingers with liquid tape, I placed drops of chrome polish onto the mat. Using a stamper I smooshed the polish twisting the stamper to further blend the polishes. I then stamped the pretty mess on my nails. I repeated the process until I had the appearance I wanted.


I almost stopped here because I really like the result of the smoosh attack with the chrome polishes...


But I went ahead and stamped the diamond dotted pattern from the bottom of Pueen image plate 07 in gold over top.


I finished this nail art design as I usually do, with a quick clean up using gentle acetone and a brush, and topped it all off with a glossy topcoat.


I happened to be going to a late holiday party and a birthday party this weekend and I think these nails will be perfect for both.


I hope you enjoyed this nail art design and tutorial. With any luck I'll have a a video tutorial up on my Instagram feed over the weekend or early next week. Thanks for stopping by, see you next time.


Your Fellow Plebe,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background