Saturday, January 23, 2016

Silver flakies Mermaid Nails

Hello Lovelies!  Today, I have some mermaid flakie nails I created for this week's WNAC. This week's prompt was foils/flakes, I have never used foil and didn't have any foil supplies. Besides, this gave me the perfect excuse to use my favorite silver flakie polish from Laquer Up's Polynesian Paradise collection.


Materials I used:
Basecoat - Dream Polish 'Smooth Gem'
Black polish - Sinful Colors 'Black on Black'
Flakie polish - Laquered Up 'Fiji,' 'Hawaii,' & 'Oahu'
Vinyl - I'm unsure were they came from, I think I won them in a giveaway
Topcoat - Glisten & Glow 'HK Girl'

I started with a black base polish.


I prepped my fingers with So Much Goodness liquid nail tape.


Using a makeup sponge, I created a radial flakie gradient, it took about 3 applications for me to achieve the look you see below. On my ring finger I used a mermaid scale vinyl and I placed a mermaid vinyl over top the flakie gradient on my mid finger.


I did a quick clean up with gentle acetone and a clean up brush. I then topped it all off with a glossy topcoat.


I wish I knew where these vinyl came from because I love these adorable mermaids. If anyone recognizes these please let me know.


Laquered Up's Polynesian Paradise collection makes a perfect mermaid manicure. I think these nails look just like mermaid scales, glistening in sunlit waters. I hope you enjoyed this nail art design, thanks for stopping by, see you next time.



Your Fellow Plebe,


2 comments:

  1. These are super cute! I don't recognize the vinyls but they look perfect on the gradient :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Social Gadgets

Random Nail Art

Background